Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Clone

This is the second piece of the self portrait series Impostors.

Finding out someone resembles you is strange. I recently heard from a close friend, that the is another bizarre-o Byron at a close by University. I've seen his picture and it does somewhat resemble me. Most all of the people that share an appearance of me is not 100% exact in features but more of a spiritual and at first glance resemblance.

This piece started out by me seeing this portrait in a magazine and deciding that if someone saw this really quickly, that it could be mistaken for being me. In attempt to speed up the eye movement of the viewer, the yellow and red pop out and take over the composition. The lines of yellow act like the lines of a road, pushing you along allowing only glimpses of the figure.

1 comment: